Although some “old voices” say that hiccups occur when someone is talking behind your back, the truth lays in some medical studies. There are a lot of causes that lead to this phenomenon, which is why we propose you to opt for a series of tricks to get rid of hiccups.
Excessive alcohol consumption, stomach or liver inflammation, too cold or too hot food ingestion, eating on the run, prolonged laughter, cold, are a few causes that can cause hiccups. . Therefore, the next time you face this phenomenon, turn to these tricks:
1. Hold your breath for as long as possible or breathe deeply and often.
2. Drink a glass of cold water or take a small sip of melissa water.
3. Stay with your tongue out, between your lips for a few seconds. Yeah, we know, it’s an embarrassing gesture, but it works.
4. Opt for ice compresses, warm water or mustard, which you have to apply them on your abdomen. You can also take tablets based on bromine, valerian or ether.
5. Defend your frenal bone (top of your chest) or swallow small pieces of ice.
6. You can also prepare a mixture of 2 grams of sulfuric ether, 60 grams of mint water, 60 grams of lime water, 30 grams of diacode syrup. Mix the ingredients well, and then consume 1 tablespoon of this preparation once a day.
Image Credits: Stylecaster