A toothache is one of the most unbearable pain a human being can experience. The best solution is to see a dentist immediately, but if this is not possible at this time, you can try some natural remedies that will help you to get rid of the pain for the moment.
The main cause of a toothache is caries, resulting from unhealthy eating habits, such as excess sweets.
Here are some remedies you can try at home:
1. Soften a cotton ball into a vanilla essence and press on the sick tooth. Make sure you apply on the correct tooth because sometimes the pain can prevent you from identifying the guilty one;
2. Cloves oil is known as a good treatment for a toothache;
3. Another natural remedy is garlic. Clean a garlic clove and press on the tooth. The garlic juice is a natural and effective anesthetic that acts immediately;
4. Put in a glass of lukewarm water half a teaspoon of salt and rinse the mouth with this solution every few hours, as often as necessary;
5. Applying some ice packs on the cheeks reduces the pain.
6. Cut a cucumber into thin slices and press with it the affected tooth;
It happens that a toothache will appear after an extraction or after a dental work at the dentist. Normally, the dentist will recommend some remedies against the pain. In the case of severe pains or if you want to avoid them, you can try some natural remedies. Bleeding of the gums can be treated the same way.
7. Put a tea bag in frozen water. Apply this frozen bag on the affected area to get rid of the pain;
8. Prepare a black pepper paste and basil leaves and apply to the painful area.
Image Credits: sleepsugar.com