Tasty and full of vitamins, citrus fruits are a health source for our body. These fruits can be used for beauty, too. Here are some of the citrus fruits benefits:
1. Aroma – Grapefruit, because of its fresh smell, it’s suitable for body creams. However, it’s not recommended using citrus fruit directly on skin because it can cause irritation.
Green tea combined with citrus juice is good for health
2. Teeth whitening – Citrus fruits are a natural bleach for teeth. If you eat a little lemon or orange peel, you will naturally clean and whiten your teeth. However, citrus acid can affect tooth enamel, so don’t use this method all the time, but only once a week.
3. Exfoliation – Skin care experts recommend dried orange peel for this process. You can purchase them in herbal stores, but they can be easily made at home: dry and powder the orange peel. This scrub is not recommended for your complexion, but is beneficial for body skin.
Citrus detox diet
4. Face mask – Citrus face masks help lighten your skin. Combine yogurt and orange peel with honey then apply the mixture on your face. Rinse thoroughly with water after a few minutes.
5. Treat blackheads – Experts suggest using lemons in order to get rid of blackheads. Apply fresh lemon juice on your face then rinse thoroughly. However, you shouldn’t do this too often because it can dry the skin. Once or twice a week is enough.
6. Nail strengthening – lemon juice mixed with olive oil can be applied for hydrating and strengthening the nails. Rinse after a few minutes and the result will be amazing.